Husky respects the privacy of personal information about individuals impacted by its exploration, development, production and retail activities. Husky has prepared this privacy statement to inform you of its practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you and to assure you that Husky endeavours to protect your personal information. It is important to Husky that you understand Husky's personal information practices and that you consent to the information practices as they impact you.
This privacy statement applies in respect of all activities of Husky that are governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada), the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia), the Personal Information Protection Act (Alberta), and the privacy laws and regulations in the State of Ohio, as applicable.
(a) Collection, Use and Disclosure Activities of Husky
Husky collects personal information about individuals participating in or impacted by its exploration, development, production and retail activities, including information regarding customers, investors, security holders, financial analysts and individuals owning, accessing, using or occupying lands where Husky is, was or may be conducting activities. Information that Husky collects includes:
- contact and identification information, including name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- property information, including title, ownership, land surveys, real property reports, road use and property access information, land use and land reclamation;
- change of ownership information, including information related to the sale, transfer, or transmission on death of an interest in land or a lease;
- environment, health and safety information, including information required to contact you and your family and to respond in the event of an emergency;
- financial information, including banking information, tax information, occupation, payment information, credit or financial history and mortgage information; and
- regulatory process, license and permit application information, including information required by applicable government and other regulatory agencies or by law.
Husky collects, uses and discloses personal information in order to conduct its business activities, which include:
- providing information to shareholders and other interested individuals;
- managing customer relationships;
- acquisition and divestitures;
- administering contracts (including leases of mineral and surface rights);
- conducting exploration, development and production activities including seismic operations, reclamation, drilling and completion and constructing roads, wellsites, pipelines and other facilities; and
- complying with legal and regulatory requirements in the various jurisdictions in which Husky operates.
Husky uses the services of many third parties in its business. Husky will share personal information with such third parties where they require such information to permit Husky to conduct its activities. These third parties include:
- information technology consultants
- geophysical contractors;
- road, well, pipeline and other facilities construction and/or maintenance contractors;
- environment, health and safety consultants;
- geophysical, engineering, environmental, or other consultants;
- credit rating agencies, credit providers and financial institutions; and
- government authorities.
Except where permitted or required by law, personal information will only be provided to third parties for the purposes of allowing them to provide goods or services to Husky. If any third party acts in a manner inconsistent with the principles in this Privacy Statement, this will be considered to be a serious issue for which appropriate action may be taken by Husky.
Personal information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a change of ownership of all or part of Husky through an asset or share sale, or some other form of business combination, merger or joint venture. The transfer of personal information will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is protected. Personal information may also be disclosed by and between Husky affiliates in the course of their business activities.
(b) Security, Retention and Access
Husky endeavours to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to its operations so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of your personal information.
Personal information will be retained by Husky for as long as Husky believes it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and as required by applicable laws. Husky has records management protocols that outline the procedures for the retention and destruction of Husky records, including personal information.
Where permitted or required by law, Husky will allow you to access and review your personal information held by Husky. For further information on how to access your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officers of Husky as set out below.
Husky has developed this Privacy Statement to inform you of its practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information about you and to ensure that Husky has your consent to its personal information practices. If at any time you do not consent to our practices as set out in this Privacy Statement, you may refuse to provide your personal information to Husky. Alternatively, you may withdraw your consent to Husky's collection, use and disclosure practices regarding your personal information, subject to applicable legal, contractual or regulatory restrictions and to reasonable notice to Husky. Unless you contact Husky to refuse or withdraw your consent, Husky assumes that you have consented to Husky's collection, use and disclosure practices as set out in this Privacy Statement.
If you do refuse or withdraw your consent, this may affect certain aspects of your relationship with Husky, including being eligible for certain payments, benefits, goods or services provided by Husky, to the extent the personal information affected by the refusal or withdrawal of your consent was necessary to process such payments or benefits or provide such goods or services. Further, certain personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Husky as a result of legal, contractual, or regulatory requirements, and your general ability to withdraw or refuse to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Husky does not imply or confer upon you the right to withdraw or refuse your consent where to do so would interfere with such legal, contractual or regulatory requirements. Finally, where permitted or required by law, Husky may collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent.
(d) Contacting Husky
Husky Energy Inc.
Attention: Privacy Officers
Box 6525, Station D
If you have concerns or questions with respect to Husky's Privacy Statement, or wish to access or correct your personal information or withdraw your consent, contact the Privacy Officers as set out above.
This privacy statement does not apply to linked web sites. Husky is not responsible for the practices of other web sites.